StarShip NFT Game GDD
This document is under construction, it describes a project in development and is being regularly updated.
Starship NFT Game is a real-time strategy and resource management game where players can send their ships on missions to planets all over the galaxy. Once landing on the planet the player chooses to either mine resources (Kyanite) from the planet or to acquire the planet. By owning a planet, the player gets a passive income in the form of a percentage of what other players mine from the planet. For each ship that a player sends on a mission, there is a chance for an NFT drop, from common all the way up to legendary.
From Phase 1, additional space stations have been deployed into the StarShip universe. More space stations will be added during Phase 2 and beyond. Players have the ability to move between space stations. Each space station gets deployed in the middle of the galaxy, allowing players to access another 10k planets within the maximum travel distance of the space station.
Each ship will require a set of components (NFTs). These can be different rarities, with each type of component adding to the value of the fleet as a whole. The higher the rarity of the player's starships and NFTs, the higher the reward, which comes in the form of the Kyanite mined.
Join thousands of players to find an amazing $50,000 prize in BTC (expected to be introduced in Phase 3),
The current objective of the game is to mine as much $Kyanite as possible. Phase 2 will introduce additional objectives and goals that allow players to get more involved in the Starship universe.
The game will be released in phases; below is a list of the milestones to be completed during each phase.
Duration: End of December 2021 - March 2022
- Initial player game mechanic testing of StarShip NFT Game
- Player feedback and bug-reporting
- Acquisition of first starship fleet ($STARSHIP Holding)
- Purchase of NFTs through packs or marketplace
- Launch of Kyanite Gas token ($KYANITE)
- NFT Staking to begin accumulation of Kyanite Gas ($KYANITE)
- Mechanics of Space Stations
- Mechanics of Conquest Claiming Planets
- Mining of Kyanite Gas ($KYANITE) from planets + probability to receive NFT
- On Discord: voice chat for Space Station communities
- Component-blending V1
- Development of New Mobile UI and Updated Desktop Version
- Sale of NFT Pack Phase 1 + 1st Pluto Alliance Pack Sale
Features below will be developed based on player adoption and development resources.
- Show station with the most staked kyanite
- Show station with the most sold planets
- Show station with the most active ships
- Show players with the most owned planets
- Game Stats
- Progress bar
- Space Station staking
- Crafting Materials Introduction
- Crafting Materials are mineable on planets
- First creature released for testing
- Blending available for creature
- First tree released for testing
- Blending available for tree
- Paper available to blend
- Creature and foliage pages available to blend
- First metal ore released for testing
- Blending available for metal ore
- Overhead map view of planet plot with the grid points needed for adding spawn points and objects; ability to place those NFTs on the map and then farm their rewards when the time comes
- Ship Rental
- Ship quantity based on starship holdings
- For each of the 10 planets
- For one of each planet
- For multiple of each planet
- Personal kyanite staking; scales with the amount
- Station kyanite staking; scales with the amount
- Achievements for owning in-game assets
- Update leaderboard to show the user with the most achievement points
- Blending functionality with in-game UI
- In-game wallet updates
- Roadmap for possible 3D virtual features to be released
In order to play StarShip, the player needs to have the following:
- BSC wallet
- WAX Wallet
- 11 NFTs per StarShip
- A Web browser
- Kyanite token (not required to be purchased out of game)
The rarity of the ships will depend on the amount of StarShip token that the player has in their wallet; this is explained further in the StarShip Fleet Rarity section of this document.
The dollar value of Starship token held will determine the ships that are allocated to the player; the higher variety of ships brings better rewards within the game.
A valuation is done every hour of the StarShip token. Based on that value, a minimum and a maximum number is set for each level. This is added to a table and can be found here for reference:
The value of the $STARSHIP token in the player’s wallet will decide in which tier they will sit and consequently which ships will be allocated. The rarity of the ships will be checked and updated when the player logs into the game and will be updated based on the current data, as per the link above.
A fleet consists of three ships. At the start of each phase, an additional fleet will be given to the player. The table below shows the rarity of each of the three ships in each fleet. For example, players who started in Phase 1 will have two fleets (6 ships) when phase 2 starts. If their wallet has a Starship token value between $100-$249.99, they would have two rare ships and four uncommon ships (one rare and two uncommon in each fleet).